Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY Chocolate Orange Sugar Scrub

As we move towards Spring, I keep thinking of citrus, lemon-blueberry muffins, lemonade and sunshine! Unfortunately though, we're not quite there yet...wind chills today in the negative digits! I think it was 4 degrees out when we woke up this morning! Brrr... And let me tell you, this cold weather is not helping the chocolate addiction I acquired over the holidays. So with all that stirring around inside of me, I dreamed up this CHOCOLATE ORANGE SUGAR SCRUB and it is divine!!! Just what I needed today! This would be great to use in the bath or shower!


Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
3 Tbsp olive oil (almond oil or coconut oil)
~15 drops (1/2 tsp) Sweet Orange oil
1-2 tsp orange zest (optional)


First, mix together the sugars with a fork. If your brown sugar is clumpy, try to mix until most of the clumps are gone.


Mix in the 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder.


Next, stir in the olive oil one Tbsp at a time. Some olive oils are pretty potent...if you have almond or coconut oil on hand you can certainly substitute that for the olive oil. I'm all about using what I already have though...and it turned out great!


Once the olive oil is added, stir in some Sweet Orange Oil. (I found mine in the organics section of our grocery store.) To really bring the aroma up a notch, add about 2 tsp of orange zest to the scrub! Now it is certainly good enough to eat, but even better to exfoliate your skin with in the bathtub! The sugars will scrub away any dry, dead skin and the oil will leave you with just the right amount of moisture. 


Spoon your concoction into 2 jars...one for you and one for a friend! Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment